Pizza my heart

On January 10th, I gave you my recipe for pesto pizza. I did not, however, give you any handy accompanying photos because, well, I didn't have any.

I do now.

Pizza show and tell
Roll out your dough, place it on a pizza pan, and cover it sparsely with pesto (or, if you prefer, tomato) sauce.







Throw your sliced mushrooms into a saute pan and add a sprinkle of oregano.








When the mushrooms are almost done - the pan is nearly dry and the mushrooms are darker and smaller - throw in some olives, if you like, and cook for a minute or two more.







Put the mushroom and olive mixture on your dough, top with grated mozzarella cheese, and bake at about 400 for 18 minutes or so.







You can tell it is done when the mozzarella is brown and bubbling and the crust feels dry with a bit of give (this is for a crisp on the outside / chewy on the inside texture - adjust cooking time to suit your taste).





Mangia!