PR guidelines

Important note to ALL PR
You must, MUST tell me in the FIRST sentence of your pitch or release why your pitch or release is of interest to vegetarians. If you can't be bothered to do this, then I certainly can't be bothered to read your material.

Can we send you product?
Absolutely. But if you are going to send food, I'd appreciate if you would email me an ingredient list in the body of the email (NO attachments).

What product can we send you?
  • Anything a cook or baker or eater would use in the kitchen or the dining room: From pots and pans to knives, baking tins, gadgets, cutting boards, cleansers, etc.
  • Books are especially welcome, from cookbooks to books by chefs, books on entertaining, books on food and food writing, books on health and nutrition, books on kitchen or dining room decorating or crafts, and so on.
  • Food is welcome, too. From olive oils to speciality cheeses and teas to gourmet chocolate and oils and vinegars and so on. Not meat, however.
  • Fun items are always good, from a fish-shaped cutting board to a retro colander.
  • Dishes and linens are great, too, including serving bowls, vases, candlesticks, tea towels, and so on.
  • Anything food-related is also acceptable, such as vanilla soap and beeswax candles and green tea cosmetics, and so on.
  • Anything organic or green. Of course!
Got something I haven’t mentioned? If you think I should consider it, send it.

What's your address?
Email me at almostvegetarian {at} gmail {dot} com and tell me who you are, who you represent, and what you want to send (NO attachments, please). If I'm interested, I'll send you a street address.

Who is your readership?
College educated, predominately affluent ($100k +) followed by a strong showing of college students, predominately female, 18 - 34 age range, urban professionals. As of this writing, we have an annual readership of nearly 200,000 (we forecast to exceed 200k by the end of 2009).

Okay, so where have you written?
It’s a long list, but here’s a few names to get you started: Washington Post, New York Times, Chicago Tribune, LA Times, Parenting, Reader’s Digest, Cooking Smart, CNET.com, Chatelaine, The Toronto Star, and so on.

What else should I know?
Food is tasted, drinks are sipped, and everything else is used. I do this so I can honestly write about your products. On one hand, this means that if you want me to review your new product, you need to get it to me. On the other hand, even if I had the resources to return product, I can't because it has been eaten, drunk, or used. But your loss tends to be the gain at the nearby Cancer Society, so everyone wins.