Senior independent writer

I write speeches and Websites and news releases and newsletters and pretty much anything else you can think of for corporations and non-profits and even the government. Like IBM. And Visa. And HBO. And Ronald McDonald Children’s Charities. And the YMCA. And the Ministry of Agriculture. And the Ministry of Health. And so on.

I also write articles. On all sorts of topics. Food and kitchen stuff, sure, but also technology and small businesses and book and product reviews and ... yes, this list goes on, too. My byline has been in the Washington Post and the New York Times and Parenting and Reader’s Digest and CNET.com and Chatelaine and The Toronto Star, and so on.

I’ve also written a book. It was a best seller on marketing and copywriting. And I contributed to a cookbook.

And, in what little free time is left, I also teach. I’ve taught at schools across North America, including Ryerson University in Toronto, Duke University in Charlotte, and University of California in Berkeley.

Now I’ve added food blogging to my plate. Clearly I’m a glutton for punishment. And food.

Oh, and if you do want to talk about a corporate writing project, you can reach me at almostvegetarian {at} gmail {dot} com. Please note, I require a $1,000 retainer before taking on any project.