Two updates and two thoughts

Today is day 12 of my blog, and already I have two updates and two thoughts to share with you. Who’da guessed it?

Update 1
AT&T tells me, yes, the funds have been transferred; no, they don’t plan to reimburse me for the hours and hours and hours of my time they happily sucked up with their incredible and overwhelming incompetence; and hail to Satan master of all phone companies. I have yet to confirm this myself (I’m frightened, very, very frightened), but once I do, I plan to cancel AT&T so fast they should find skid marks on their collective asses. Non-removable skid marks. That burn.

Update 2
As mentioned, today is, indeed, day 12 of my blog. So, better late than never, let’s celebrate my first week of posting. There's a link to a martini recipe at the end of yesterday’s post, if you need a leg up, so to speak. And who doesn’t?

Thought 1
I have been receiving extremely nice, extremely thoughtful email messages from very kind well-wishers. To all of you, I say thanks. And feel free to post your comments as, well, comments, on the blog. Don't be shy; We're among friends here.

Thought 2
And speaking of martini's - and who isn't? - a few years ago I wrote a training manual for a wine and liquor organization which was famous for the twin nightmares of incredibly horrible customer service and a total lack of knowledge about anything containing alcohol in their front line staff. Kudos to them that they had the guts to recognize the problem, the smarts to do something about it, and the ability to invest a lot of sincere time and effort in training the staff. Even more kudos that they liked the training materials I wrote for them. But, alas, they did insist on one edit. They insisted I cut this amusing ditty from Ogden Nash which, more than anything else, certainly encourages me to drink and seems most appropriate on this, the belated one week anniversary of my site:
A Drink With Something In It
There is something about a Martini,
A tingle remarkably pleasant;
A yellow, a mellow Martini;
I wish I had one at present.
There is something about a Martini,
Ere the dining and dancing begin,
And to tell you the truth,
It is not the vermouth -
I think that perhaps it's the gin.
Martini's are vegetarian, aren't they? Cheers!