Food recipe: You say tomato, I say tomaaaato

Vegetable Food Recipe Week: Day 5
First, of course, congratulations to you for making it all the way to the end of the exhausting, but ultimately satisfying, Vegetable Food Recipe Week. Applause, applause, all around.

Now, on to our last veg. Which, if you have been reading me all along, is not a veg at all, but, actually, a fruit. A tomato.

Am I cheating, in this, our final installment of
Vegetable Food Recipe Week? I say no! And I say this vehement no because, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then, clearly, it is a duck. Not that a tomato walks or quacks. Or is a duck. But it does function as a veg. So, clearly, it is a veg.

Erm. Yes.

So, without further ado, I present to you, the humble, but no less delicious, tomato. In celebration of the laughter, the tears, the triumphs, and the joys of this, our first Vegetable Food Recipe Week, I am using a recipe I contributed to a cookbook. Other people have to pay for the cookbook to get this recipe. You, dear readers, get it for free.
Food recipe: Grilled tomatoes with Parmigiano Reggiano
2 large tomatoes, preferably beefsteak, sliced thickly (1/4 inch or so)
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
sea salt, best quality
pepper, freshly ground

Place tomato slices on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Generously salt and pepper the slices and fully cover with the grated Parmigiano Reggiano. Place under the broiler (5" - 6" away from the heat) and broil until the cheese browns, 4-5 minutes.

Serve.

(If you can find some nice basil, then adding shredded fresh basil leaves to the mix - above the tomato but under the cheese - is a lovely variation for anyone who loves basil. Which includes me. Ditto fresh thyme.)
Burnt tongue tip: Do be careful eating this delight. Nothing holds heat like a tomato and I'd hate to see you burn your wee tongue.
And so ends our week-long homage to the vegetable. A homage lovingly, and most originally, named: Vegetable Food Recipe Week.

(What do you mean a week is 7 days? I only work 5 days, ya see. And I'm outta veg recipes, ya see. So maybe the surprise recipe tomorrow is that there ain't one. Ya see? So I'll see you tomorrow, anyway. S'right? S'right!)

Cheers!