Flexitarian's unite!

Did you know I am a flexitarian? If you describe yourself as "Almost Vegetarian," then you are a flexitarian, too.

What is a flexitarian? According to Word Spy, a flexitarian is "A person who eats a mostly vegetarian diet, but who is also willing to eat meat or fish occasionally." Wikkipedia defines flexitarianism as "... the practice of eating mainly vegetarian food."

Here is the first use of it I could find:
"The quiet cafe, tucked behind a 7-Eleven at 26th and Guadalupe streets, features what chef-owner Helga Morath calls "flexitarian fare." That's her way of describing health/vegetarian food prepared with a Continental cast."
~ This is from an article entitled Acorn serves up `flexitarian fare' in the October 17, 1992 Austin American-Statesman.

So what do you think about this? Are you flexitarian? Or, like me, do you think the word sounds kind of stilted. Almost forced? I don't know about you, but I was an Almost Vegetarian before I first heard this word and I choose to remain an Almost Vegetarian, afterward.