Dinner in a hurry - or - what we ate last night and a healthy recipe for dinner on the table in ten minutes

I was overwhelmed with work and running late. My husband was also working hard and running. And I didn't even think about dinner until 10 minutes before he got home.

And I knew he was going to be hungry.

So this is what I did. I call it my last minute meal. It was fast and easy and elegant and delicious and incredibly filling. If I do say so myself.
Asparagus with fried eggs and Parmigiano-Reggiano
serves two hard-working people
1 bunch of asparagus, washed with the tough ends snapped off
1 large handful of grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
5 (or more) eggs (3 for him, 2 for me)
dash olive oil
two lemon wedges
Salt, pepper, red pepper, and Dijon mustard to taste

Place a sauté pan over a medium-high to high heat, add a generous splash of olive oil (you want the bottom of the pan to be coated, but you don't want the asparagus to be swimming), and add the asparagus spears. I add a good pinch of red pepper flakes (which always make me cough, but which are divine), a healthy sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper, and a healthy sprinkle of sea salt (feel free to use whatever spice you like, such as fresh rosemary or a dash of thyme).

Once they are almost soft (we like a bit of crunch), with the occasional charred bit, put them on your plates. I lay them in a straight line, right down the middle of the plate.

Top them with your Parmigiano-Reggiano.

Add a bit more olive oil to your pan (if needed) and fry the five eggs until the whites are cooked through but the yolks are still runny. Remove and place on top of the asparagus stalks.

Serve with a dollop of Dijon mustard and a lemon wedge on one side of the plate and a hunk of whatever bread is around on the other. Alternatively, if you can stand all the fat, you can make a hollandaise sauce. I think it would be delicious, but then anything with all that butter generally is!

So what do you make?

What do you make when you've got 10 minutes to get something on the table (and I don't mean cereal, because we've all done that!). I sure could use all the ideas I could get because it doesn't look like life will be slowing down anytime soon.