Okay, who cut the mustard? With a recipe to help you cut the mustard, too

I'll admit it. I did. Because, while I love most, if not all, condiments, the one I love the most is mustard.

Cranberry mustard, Dijon mustard, lemon mustard, thyme mustard, you got it, I'll try it.

But this weekend I did something I never did before. I cut my own mustard, for the very first time.

How to cut your very own mustard, 101
Imagine my surprise, while flipping channels, to come across people making mustard. Who knew! I thought it grew in jars, just like, you know, other stuff at the grocery store.

But, no, there they were, mixing stuff.

I was so intrigued, I knew I had to try it. And I figured you should try, too. So here's the recipe, so we can cut the mustard together (I heartily apologize for the juvenile sense of humor; it's been a long, long day*).

I got the recipe at Cultivating Life. I have never seen the show before, and doubt I'll ever find it again, but at least I can visit the Website as fancy takes me.
Vegetarian recipe for Grainy White Wine, Honey Herb Mustard
2 cups dry white wine
1 cup chopped onion
2 cloves crushed garlic
½ cup brown mustard seeds
½ cup yellow mustard seeds
Mixed fresh herbs such as rosemary, sage, and tarragon
4 tablespoons dry mustard powder(mild)
2 tablespoons mild honey
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons salt

1. In a small saucepan, combine wine, onion, garlic, and herbs bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature then strain through a fine sieve. Reserve clear liquid.

2. In another small saucepan, combine cooled seasoned liquid with dry mustard powder and seeds. Heat slowly, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Pour into sterilized, glass jars and refrigerate. Allow several days for flavor to deepen.

Yields 1 ½ cups or 2 small jars

*A long day, yes, but when need be (and sophmoric jokes aside), I do not shy away from delicate subjects when they, ahem, arise.