And now, for some late, breaking news about ingredients and the best dog video you've ever seen

We're taking a break from our two week series: Books for Cooks for an article you simply must read and a video I found via dooce.com to make it all better.

Meaning, you are about to be smarter and happier.

It just doesn't get any better than that, does it?

The link is courtesy of the ever talented and totally delightful Lesley of LesleyEats. You know Lesley, she wrote the brilliant Hidden Animal Ingredients posts for us. She is traveling now, but when she is done, she is planning to write a few more posts for us and I'll put 'em up as soon as I get them. But, in the meantime, she found this post from Cracked.com entitled 5 Horrifying Food Additives You've Probably Eaten Today and sent me the link to share. Just don't read it while you are eating.

And now, to make you feel better after all that disgusting information, I have a wonderful English video about a dog. As luck would have it, I saw Dog Years right after I read that article and it made me feel a whole lot better. So enjoy.