The author responds and recommends I "... take a valium."

Well, we finally got a response directly from the author I just wrote about with the book with the dust jacket that claims she is a "... James Beard Award-winning journalist ..."

Which, of course, she is not.

Sure, it is not an apology to all the readers who turned over their hard-earned money for what they thought was a book by a James Beard Award-winning author. But, hey, I appreciate that she did, finally, get around to responding. Even if it opened up a whole new question for me about her book.

Here's the email from the author. Do you think this reads like an email from someone who wrote their own book?

I do not know who you are or what is almost vetarian but you are certainly a very nasty lady. My web site is not inflated, there was a mistake due to the publisher not me but meanwhile you a harassing my daughter and me for what purpose I do not know. Do you not have something more interesting to write about?

I have won many awards in Europe and I am a very honest and good person which you are not.

So please stop e-mailing my daughter or me because if you continue to threatens us we can do it too.

Take a valium and calm down

Colette Rossant

Now, I'm no editor, but just for fun, let's do a quickie edit job on her email

I do not know who you are or what an almost vegetarian is, but you are certainly a very nasty lady. My book is not inflated; my publisher made a mistake, not me.

Meanwhile, you are harassing my daughter and myself. Don't you have something more interesting to write about?

I have won many awards in Europe. I am a very honest and good person, which you are not.

So please stop e-mailing us because if you continue to threaten us, we can threaten you, too.

Take a Valium and calm down.

Colette Rossant

Well, well, well
It seems that the only line in her entire note that did not need an edit was the line consisting of her name. Which brings me to my original question.