Yet another reason why Italians, vegetarian or not, are incredibly civilized

I learned about this on Slashfood. And when I did, I sent a link to the husband and said, "Let's move to Tuscany."

He said, "Sure thing. You pack the bags; I'll book the flight."

To heck with that. I'll find the villa. And this is why.

Apparently, Tuscany may soon lift a ban allowing dogs into Tuscan restaurants, as well as museums, beaches, and hospitals. Which means, no more leaving your dog at home if you want to go for a nice coffee. Or leaving your dog at home if you want to view art. Or leaving your dog at home if you want to frolic at the beach.

Now, of course, this ban also applies to cats. But while both my Italian husband and my nearly 7-month old puppy, Sophie (see the masthead), applaud the forward-thinking Tuscan's for allowing dogs into these places, they think that also admitting cats is just too silly. I disagree.