If you want to make the husband happy, make potatoes - and here's a vegetarian Todd English recipe to help you do so with style

If you want to make my husband happy, make potatoes. Any old way, just as long as it is potatoes.

And I do. But I needed a new recipe (Want the old recipe? Here it is! It's the great Julia Child and Jacques Pépin recipe for Souffleéd Potatoes).

So I searched for potato recipes. And I found a really nice recipe that calls for mustard. Which is fine by me because I never met a mustard I didn't like. And now that I have long since quit eating hot dogs, I look for any place I can find to slather.

This recipe is from Iron Chef Todd English. It's fast, easy, and best of all, with all that mustard it is incredibly tasty.
Vegetarian Todd English recipe for Three-Mustard Potato Salad
2 pounds medium red potatoes
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers
2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
Salt and freshly ground pepper

Put the potatoes in a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook over moderate heat until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and let cool completely, then cut into 1-inch pieces.

In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the mustards, vinegar and olive oil and whisk until smooth. Add the onion, roasted red peppers and parsley. Gently fold in the potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

The potato salad can be refrigerated for up to 3 days. Let stand for 30 minutes before serving.