The greening of the bathroom: Gorgeous almost vegetarian spa bodycare

Yesterday I started talking about healthy products to help you turn your bathroom into your own home spa.

I talked about fragrance sticks which use fragrance oils to delicately scent the air. And I talked about biodegradable soy candles as an alternative to traditional petroleum-based paraffin candles.

And today I want to talk about more spa products. Only, this time, they are for the body.

All this started when I was doing research on the series for almost vegetarian skin, hair, and body care products I wrote last month. As I was reading and sniffing and slathering, it dawned on me that there were all sorts of nice things for us to use in a home spa. So here are lines I thought would be good.

Perfect Organics
I'm a big believer in exfoliants. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is the only thing keeping my they-are-always-resting-on-the-table-despite-what-my-mother-tried-to-teach-me elbows from being rough enough to scratch unsuspecting neighbors. So big woo hoo to the body scrubs in this line.

The scents are gorgeous (not like you can ever go wrong with the heady scent of lavender) and my skin feels perfect, just perfect, afterward.

But I want to quit talking and show you this ingredient list. Is this great, or what?
Organic Oat Bran, Organic Corn Meal, Sea Salt, Organic Almond Meal, Organic Rice Bran, Organic Sugar, Organic Wheat Bran, Organic Sweet Almond Oil, Organic Sunflower Oil, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Hazelnut Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Organic Calendula Extract, Organic Chamomile Extract, Organic Marshmallow Root, Organic Essential Oil of Lavender, Non-GMO Vitamin E

Nature Girl
Yes, it's organic. And, yes, there are no synthetic fragrances or dyes. But what really gets me is the scent. That heavenly, heavenly scent.

Here's the product I'm talking about:
Wild Flower Body Cleanser.

This is a liquid cleanser made with sulfate-free soap and loaded with plant and flower extracts and, ya da ya da.

It comes in four scents: Lemon Grapefruit, Ginger Cardamom, Geranium Bergamot, Orange Tangerine, Vanilla Patchouli. Right now I am going crazy for the Ginger Cardamom. Which one should I try next?

Timothy Han
Well, here's the plan. First, you exfoliate like crazy. Then you get brand, spanking clean. Then, and only then, you slather on the nicest body cream you can find. Like the Timothy Han Bergamot, Jasmine & Mandarin body cream.

This is a nice line. From London, the products contain no parabens, animal by-products, petrochemicals, sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium laureth sulphate, or synthetic or artificial fragrances and colors.

Now, this line has four body creams, in Bergamot, Jasmine & Mandarin, Lavender & Sage, Lemongrass, Marjoram & Lavender, and Wild Rose. And it is the first one I am using these days.

The texture is perfect for this warm weather: Light and gently creamy without being heavy or sticky. But it is the scent that grabs me: Subtly sweet without being cloying. And, of course, that fact that it makes my skin (it must be the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Ghanaian Shea and Cocoa Butters) soft is a bonus, indeed.

Next post: Organic towels and more goodies
Because, sooner or later, you've just got to come out of that tub!