Big announcement!

Two years ago, I became very interested in food. Particularly in health and nutrition. But, along the way, I also became interested in food itself. Specifically, the preparation of it.

See, I figured out that no one is going to eat their nice, healthy vegetables unless those vegetables are pretty damn tasty.

So I've been reading every cookbook I could get my hands on. And watching every decent cooking show to learn techniques. Which got me interested in how food is prepared.

Which brings me to a big announcement. Actually, TWO big announcements.

I am going to culinary school
I have signed up. And I am going to share with you what I learn. Heaven help us all!

I am starting a new blog: CookingSchoolConfidential.com
At Cooking School Confidential, I'll focus on what it is like to go to cooking school (doh!). It should be fun (erm, fun? maybe scary!)

I'll keep writing for AlmostVegetarian.com
Well, I can't give up my beloved AlmostVegetarian, so I'll write this, too. But, here, I'll talk about cooking school from a vegetarian point-of-view. Like my qualms about cooking with meat (please don't throw banana peels at me; there just are no real cooking schools with a vegetarian curriculum; believe me, I searched). And any brilliant cooking techniques I pick up, silly anecdotes, and, of course, cooking disasters.

Be the very first to see CookingSchoolConfidential.com
I want to invite my AlmostVegetarian friends to be the first to see my new blog, so here it is: CookingSchoolConfidential.com. The entire thing crashed yesterday (so predictable, isn't it?!) and was rebuilt today (long day), so it's a bit rough around the edges, but I'd love to hear what you think.

Two for the price of one
Of course, I hope you'll follow my cooking adventures on both AlmostVegetarian.com and CookingSchoolConfidential.com. And please send lots of good thoughts. I'm nervous about going back to school. And, oh, did I mention I moved to a new state to do all this? As if I didn't have enough pressure already.

Good heavens! What was I thinking?