Brand new recipe for Chocolate Stout Creme Brulee

My husband and I like to try new foods. So, many, many months ago my husband and I ordered Chocolate Stout Crème Brûlée at a nearby restaurant. We figured it would either be amazing or dreadful.

It was amazing.

I asked for the pastry chef, but he had gone home for the day. Sigh, no recipe for me. But, the next time we went to the restaurant, we decided to order it again and figure out for ourselves what was in it.

But, oh dear, this time it was no longer on the menu.

So I did the only thing a culinary school student could do. I went into the kitchen and played.

And I nailed it.

Recipe for Chocolate Stout Crème Brûlée
8 ounces cream
2 ounces stout (there will be beer leftover in the bottle; enjoy!)
1 1/2 ounce dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
4 extra large egg yolks
2 ounces sugar

Scald the cream (bring it to nearly a boil) and pour it over your chocolate. Mix until your chocolate is melted. Add your stout and mix again.

In another bowl, mix the sugar with the egg yolks, until just incorporated.

Pour a tablespoon or two of your cream mixture into your eggs. Mix. Add a bit more cream, Mix again. Add all the cream mixture and mix one last time.

Pour the mixture into brûlée dishes (or ramekins, if you prefer) and place in a pan. Fill the pan with hot water nearly to the top of your dishes. Bake at 325 F until almost completely set (20 minutes or so for the brûlée dishes, loosely five minutes longer for the deeper ramekins).

Remove from the oven and chill thoroughly.

Sprinkle sugar on top of each dish. Caramelize the sugar with a culinary torch until it is dark golden brown.

Try not to eat the entire batch yourself. Come back to CookingSchoolConfidential. com and leave me a message telling me how truly amazing this is!