Recipe for lime (yes LIME) curd (and you thought lemon curd was good!)

I love lemon curd so much I could eat it by the spoonful. In fact, my record is four heaping spoonfuls before I go into sugar shock. Or two slices of lemon pie. (Sometimes three!)

So, I was thinking, I how would lime curd taste?

In short, delicious!

See, I went into my culinary school kitchen and tweaked this and adjusted that and came up with an amazing lime curd recipe.

Which is great in a pie shell, as a tart, as a topping for fruit, folded in whipped cream and plunked on a blueberry pie, or, of course, eaten with a spoon.

Want the recipe? No worries, I've got it for you right here . . .

Recipe: Lime curd
We were given a recipe for lemon curd, but I wanted to try making a lime version (actually, I wanted to try making a pink grapefruit version, but we didn’t have any pink grapefruit at school). So I played with the lemon recipe and this is what I came up with. You should note, I wanted a noticeable citrus flavor. So feel free to add more sugar if you like.

3 ounces lime juice
10 egg yolks
5 ounces sugar
6 ounces butter, diced

Put a pot of water on a burner and turn heat to medium / medium low. Put all ingredients except the butter on a metal bowl and put it on the heat. Whisk the ingredients ever minute, until thick.

Remove from heat and mix in butter until fully incorporated.

Store in refrigerator with a sheet of plastic wrap on the surface of your curd (so you don’t form a skin or get discolorization).

Now, I like curd so much I will hide behind my refrigerator door and eat it with a teaspoon. However, if you want a more civilized way to enjoy it, simply pour it into a parbaked tart shell and chill.

Then eat that behind the refrigerator door.